The joke was on me. Bethanie accidentally knocked 3 cans of paint down the basement stairs. One of them opened 4 steps from the bottom. Naturally the green paint all landed on our pretty, white carpet (thats only two years old). Poor Bethie...I think she will be scarred for life. She felt terrible about it, but for me, I am just glad it wasnt her AND Madison at the bottom of those stairs, which is what I thought had happened initially when she screamed bloody murder and I ran to see what happened. I think I earned a few gray hairs today (and maybe some wrinkles). It was a job cleaning up the mess. Jeff's dad left Bingo to get us a rug doctor from Walmart, then left to get back to his cards. I was left to clean it up, deal with a screaming toddler and control the older two who were soooo out of sorts by this time. Two hours later, you can still see some of the green tint in the carpet, and I doubt it will all ever come out, but at least the girls are OK. This evening was very difficult to get through. **OY**
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment