I just cant believe that CHRISTMAS is here. It came so fast. Matthew woke up around 5 am and he was so quiet. He went and sorted the gifts Santa left for them and waited VERY patiently for us to get up around 6:30 am. If you know Matthew, you would recognize that it is a mini Christmas miracle that he:
1. Waited
2. Waited PATIENTLY
3. Was quiet
4. Didn't tear up the gifts out of excitement!
So I got up, and he got excited (even more so). I showered and got ready (couldn't be caught on tape with morning hair). Jeff followed suit and we went on with opening Santa gifts. It was a very nice morning. The kids were happy with what Santa brought (Phew!!!).
Almost right after, the kids ate a light breakfast and I started on the roast beast. It was held at our house this year, so I was able to do the honor of cooking the feast. I was so excited to do that for my whole family (minus Jeff's brothers). They are all still alive so I didn't poison anyone. :O)
The main reason it was held at our house was because my sweet mommy had knee surgery on Tuesday. It appears that when she went through a glass window many years ago as a young girl, it messed up her knee, and somehow she has some 1/2 inch bone fragment inside her knee that worked loose. So she had it removed, but it left her fairly immobile, only able to stand and walk as little as possible, so that left ME the honors! Bwahaaaa! Really, it was a lot of fun.
1. Waited
2. Waited PATIENTLY
3. Was quiet
4. Didn't tear up the gifts out of excitement!
So I got up, and he got excited (even more so). I showered and got ready (couldn't be caught on tape with morning hair). Jeff followed suit and we went on with opening Santa gifts. It was a very nice morning. The kids were happy with what Santa brought (Phew!!!).
Almost right after, the kids ate a light breakfast and I started on the roast beast. It was held at our house this year, so I was able to do the honor of cooking the feast. I was so excited to do that for my whole family (minus Jeff's brothers). They are all still alive so I didn't poison anyone. :O)
The main reason it was held at our house was because my sweet mommy had knee surgery on Tuesday. It appears that when she went through a glass window many years ago as a young girl, it messed up her knee, and somehow she has some 1/2 inch bone fragment inside her knee that worked loose. So she had it removed, but it left her fairly immobile, only able to stand and walk as little as possible, so that left ME the honors! Bwahaaaa! Really, it was a lot of fun.
When Madison saw this dress, she could hardly contain herself. She had to go put it on RIGHT AWAY. She twirled in it and it was like pulling teeth to get it off of her! She wanted to keep it on!
Here is Sunny & Ann, my brother and his wife (and my dad and Matthew). We bought them a rock for Christmas. Actually my parents went in on it with us. It is engraved with their last name on it for their yard.
Here are our kids opening gifts. Heather (our niece) is with us!!! She got a cell phone from us for Christmas. It was a dream of hers to get a cell phone!!!
Matthew and Bethanie are opening up a gift from Brown Grandma and Grandpa (WII). It was a shared gift for them. They are totally excited by it!
There was a lot going on and we just plain wore out my SIL (Ann (R) ) and my FIL (Al (L) ). They just had to nap. Below, Bethanie got a "Girl Gourmet" Cupcake maker and we made delicious cupcakes this evening. She LOVES to cook. Have I mentioned that???
Now its time to eat the wonderful creation!!







No comments:
Post a Comment