A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Next Semester...

I met with my new advisor today. Her name is Joan. She is REALLY nice. She even knew my name and I didn't know her (we met in the hall on our way to see her). She was shocked to see the work load I had this semester. I am taking 13 hours, but the one hour practicum is really like 4 hours) so it is like my load is 17 hours. That is waaaaaaaaaaay too much. I told her of my panic attacks, and she said it was no wonder because of the type of classes I had and the amount of hours, along with the three children and other various responsibilities.

We set a goal for next semester to do 9 hours, but two of the classes aren't such a big deal. Here is how it looks:

English Comp. II
Human Growth & Development
World Geography (yuck, but necessary)

I am not taking any summer classes, so with taking fewer classes next semester and no summer, I will not have my substitute certificate by next December. But I really don't plan to do a lot until Madison is in Kindergarten. She is only just two. I have time. :O) I am relieved to have less hours for next semester and I already promised myself that if I am overwhelmed that I would drop the geography course.

Anyway, that's all I know! :O)


Oh, one more thing....remember my last post with that robotic cat that Madison plugged up with the binky? I put batteries in it today. It is an amazing toy. It senese movement and will meow, fall asleep, blink, purr. We have had it for a year. Bethie got it from Santa last year because she wanted a cat and this is what he gave her. Today I was gift wrapping some things (birthday, Christmas) and I heard this horrible sound. I looked down and saw Madison stomping the toy cats tail and it meowed really angrily, growled and HISSED at her. Freaked me out! I have never heard it do that before. I found that in the tail area by the tushie, it has a sensor. Apparently this cat doesnt like its tail messed with. I had no idea! So when the kids got home from school, I made it meow mad and hiss at Bethanie. She almost freaked out herself!!! LOL! OK, so maybe you had to be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny and would have been fun to see......

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background