Here are some that I did. Four of these went to my mom and dad...one went to my tummy.
So we went to our Stake Center (an hour away) because our Branch was invited to be a part of the Ward activity there. They had their annual Chili Cook-off and Pie contest. Last year my mom and dad won best tasting and most popular chili (something like that). So they took Chili again this year. I also took a pot of Chili. I had planned on making it like my mom and I do, but Jeff told me he thought I should make White Chili. That isn't my favorite soup, but that is what I took. While there, we had to give our soup a creative name. Mine was called, "My husband made me make this". :O) The categories were the hottest chili, the most unique chili, best name, and best taste (or something, I cant remember). Anyway, I ended up winning! My White Chili won the most unique. LOL! Isn't that hilarious? There was one other White Chili there besides mine. So I got a neat certificate and a Dairy Queen gift card.
I have to tell you...the hottest chili? It was the HOTTEST thing I have ever ate. I had a tear that started down my cheek but it dried up quick because it evaporated from the heat! No kidding, grown men were crying! Lips burned off and women were pulling their children off the streets to get away from it.... (sorry, I got carried away a little). It was really a lot of fun though. SORRY MOM AND DAD, I thought your chili was really good. I voted for you!!!
So after we got home, it was like 8:30 p.m. One kid was sound asleep, the other two were right behind. So we got them to bed, and the rest of the day began. **SIGHS**
I had to come strait home and make a sheet cake for tomorrow after Church. We are having a Valentines Soup Supper right after Church. I am also making dinner rolls which are just about to go into the oven (it is 11:30 p.m. right now). After I made my cake, I had to write my thesis paper because I wont be in classes Monday. Jeff and I are going to Topeka to do some Lobbying against Blue Cross/Blue Shield, so I had to have it finished and emailed to my instructor. I am missing one test (wont be able to take it until May). Then after that is all finished, I get to go to bed, sometime tonight I hope.
Tomorrow is a new [busy] day. I know it is all going to be OK, but when things start to pile up like this, it is then that I start to suffer panic attacks. SO FAR this semester, I have not had any, but there is one brewing if I am not careful.
My White Chili
I will post the recipe on my recipe page in a couple of days







1 comment:
I'm glad you are posting that recipe, I have been meaning to get it from you it is really yummy!
Post a Comment