A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Sunday, February 15, 2009

PINEWOOD DERBY TIME!!!

Today was the Pinewood Derby for Cub Scouts! It was also the Blue & Gold Banquet (it is an annual banquet where boys get awards they have earned)
The theme was Mexican for the banquet. There was a lot of DELICIOUS food. I guess I am only going to have cereal for supper because I ate way too much. :O(
This is Matthew's Pinewood Derby car. He designed it and painted it by himself. We helped him glue the neat-o stuff on it, but other than that, it was all him!!!


Bethie-Beth and I worked on her car together. I bet you cant tell what it is! :O)
Isn't it cute? She also painted it by herself, with the exception of me doing the outline trimming.


The cars: The red car is a Pinewood Derby car of Jeff's when he was a kid. It is nearly 30 years old. Matthew's is the blue, and then Bethanie's pencil car.



Matthew's car took 2nd place in BEST IN SHOW! This is the second time he has won in this showcase. His first year was an American Flag car that was really neat and it won first that year.




This is the prize he won from being 2nd in Best in Show.





Here Matthew is getting several awards he has earned. Some of them include citizenship, aquanaut, craftsmanship, fitness, and scholar. GREAT JOB, MATTHEW!


Let the race begin!
Matthew did O K in his race. I think he was around 7th or 8th place. He also held up really well emotionally for not winning.

But he did get some prizes. He won $5.00, a Frisbee, food coupons and things like that. All of the kids are winners!
We saw lots of cars race, some creamed others, some crashed and burned. The cutest crash and burn is this one...
She just couldn't take it anymore! We found the nearest corner for her to lay her sleepy head.


OK, now it is time for the OUTLAW races. Bethie is impatiently waiting her turn for the chance to race her car.
Sadly, we didn't have the weights placed very well in her car. It always started off ahead of the other cars, but then it would slow down dramatically at the end. She was disappointed a little, but she had made some new friends so that was short lived. She would rather play with them. LOL!


Here she is with her car on the track!
It might not have been the fastest car on the track, but it was the best one! Well.....so was another...



Jeff raced his old red car. The one that was nearly 30 years old. He WON 2nd place and got a Smurfy trophy, and a taco! LOL! GOOD JOB, JEFF!


It was a wonderful turn out, all of our parents were there and our sweet niece, Heather. I love days like this...it is what makes memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun.....I really do love the new look! It makes me want to look for a new one BUT I don't want to put all my stuff back!

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background