A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Baaack!!!

I think I am finally coming out of my funk. Just over a month ago, my anxiety problems became quite severe in reaction to dealing with a situation with one of our children. It all hit me very hard, and it was so strange, my reaction. It nearly debilitated me, emotionally. It was very hard to see the end, and things were so unsure at that time. Slowly things have been falling back into place and we are moving past it. I *think* I now have a handle on my anxiety problem (with the help of Celexa).

Yesterday I had to do a lot of convincing myself to get back into an exercise routine. I know that I ALWAYS feel better after I do a good work out. So I planned on going today after my first class. I planned on staying and working out for 20-30 minutes, ignoring the bike because it really aggravates my knee.

I woke up this morning and had to do a LOT of positive self talk because I was really trying to talk myself out of going. I know better, too because the more I *think* about things, the harder it is to get past it. So, I try to NOT *think* about it and just *do* it. So, I just *did* it (with the help of my IPOD). I went, got all stinky and sweaty and worked out for 20 minutes on the tread mill, 10 in that weird elliptical machine, 10 minutes ON THE BIKE (I will pay for that later, for sure) and then another 10 minutes on the elliptical machine. All in all, I did a hefty 50 minute work out.

My legs are numb, my endorphins are high and wild, and I don't regret the work out. I feel fantastic.....tomorrow I might be telling you a different story when I cant raise my legs off the bed....

Now, where is my book? I am on the third book of *Twilight* (Eclipse). I am so into these books...

3 comments:

Leavitt Family said...

Hang in there!!! I went through the same thing awhile ago it sucks!!!! I don't know how you guys do it!!! It will get better!!!

Jen said...

Stormy,
So glad you are feeling better!!! Love ya' girl.

Loretta Valenta said...

Glad you are doing better! Have to tell you that I LOVE the When I Said I Do song on your blog -- it's a favorite for Tim and I! :)

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background