
We were minding our own business, eating a happy sloppy joe for supper, the sun was shining in through the opened deck door, when all of a sudden, BLAM. Something hit the door, very hard. We all jumped in our seats and got up and ran to see what it was. This side of our house rarely has any action, but what happened was a sweet little girl cardinal flew face first into our window. The impact knocked her to the floor of the deck. Of course, we were all looking at it. I knew immediately the poor little bird was dying. I closed the door and proceeded to comfort my very traumatized 6 year old daughter. She has seen death before, in the form of smashed squirrels on the road, or bunnies, or deer...but never anything like this, so personal. Her heart was broken. I tried to get her to sit down and eat her food while I snuck out the back door and on to the deal to get rid of the poor little bird, who had already died, and I almost succeeded. My plan was a good one, though not well thought out. I was going to tell her that it got up and flew away, but she saw me from the back door. She KNEW that I had gone and picked it up in a wal-mart bag and was going to throw it in the trash (harsh, I know, but she caught me). Anyway, she has cried off and on all night. She is so broken hearted. She was very interested, though, when I told her that Heavenly Father has birds in Heaven and that she was likely there already. I hope she can move on tomorrow. I am so sad for her broken heart, though I am glad that she has such deep feelings like her mom. :O(







1 comment:
oh that is horrible for a 6 year old to go through seeing. I hope she feels better today!
Post a Comment