So, I am just about to leave for my first class today...English Comp. II. As I am heading toward the door, the phone rings, and I noticed it was the school where two of my children attend....that is NEVER a good feeling to see that number show up. So, I answer it and find out that it is the Director of the CO-OP wanting to talk about one of our child's IEP. OK, so I have to do this, she is busy over 5 districts, and it was important. But I KNEW I was going to be late for my class. I hate being late to anything. As I am talking with her, the thought comes to my mind, "OK, Stormy, you are going to be late, you cant avoid that. Email your instructor to tell him something came up and you will be late." I knew that the chances were very slim that he would look at my email before class. But I also knew that he would get the email later, saw what time I sent my email and I would not lose attendance points for not being there because technically I let him know BEFORE class. Whew! With me so far? Good.
Finally I get out the door, even more later than I would like to have been. I am driving and round the corner to the college when my cell phone rang. It was the college. That isn't such a bad feeling to see THAT school number show up. It was my instructor telling me not to bother coming in. None of the students (all 18-20 year olds, except me and I am old enough to be most of their mother) read their assignments. I told him that *I* read them and he was all, "I KNEW YOU DID, but don't worry about coming in today because I chewed the class out and they are all reading very quietly". BWAHAHAH!
So, reflecting on my life, I can see how it benefits a person to actually WAIT to go to college when you actually want to be there to learn things. It isn't such an issue to get your work finished because you have a different set of priorities. So, since I didn't have to go to my first class, got to keep my attendance points, I decided to go and work out during that time instead...
I worked out for 65 minutes. I earned 11 activity points, and I did several different exercise machines. My arms are dying at this point and I am feeling the burn. I KNOW this is a good thing, even though it feels like my arm muscles are burning in HELL!
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment