A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Saturday, May 29, 2010

BeThAniE's BiG DaY...


This has really been a busy month for our family, especially for Bethanie! Last Sunday was her 8th birthday, so naturally she is getting baptised! Today was that day!

It was really quite an experience. We have been talking to Bethanie for at least a year about her upcoming baptism. We knew that she was fearful of going under the water. She hates getting her face wet. She was scared to death. She would not come out of the women's bathroom because she was so frightened. At some point, she was hanging onto the toilet crying because she was so scared. She is painfully shy, and even in her baptism interview, she would hardly speak. She really wanted to be baptised but she was just so afraid of the water. At some point we decided to close the doors to the font and have just her family members in there (in the font area) to watch the baptism. Eventually I got in the font as far as I could go in my dress, and she came in with me. The water was pretty hot. My legs turned red from the heated water. I cooled it off a little and sat on the edge of the font as she got used to the water. She decided that it was OK to let the guests that traveled the hour to see the baptism watch, so we opened up the font doors and everyone was really excited to see this take place. We all knew that she was being comforted by the Spirit, to get through this scary time for her. She hates attention, especially if she is afraid. The guest speakers were really special. My mom gave a wonderful talk on Baptism, and my dad spoke to her about the Holy Ghost.

I am so proud of Bethanie. She is such a good person who is sensitive to the Spirit and I know she will do well with the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am so glad that she was able to get through something that she feared for so long!

1 comment:

shayster said...

Wow, where has the time gone. I remember you being pregnant with her! HOW SWEET!! thank you for sharing her special day with us!

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background