Greetings to our Family and Friends!This is my first attempt ever to create a blog. I am still learning this process, and I will update it as often as I can! I am a busy mom of three very happy and active children, plus a husband, so imagine if you will, how crazy our lives can be! Please check back often to see what is going on in our lives!!
OK, so I now think I have a handle on how this blog page works. I am going to start introducing members of my family so that later on, you will be able to have an idea of who I am talking about. :O) I will start off with me. I am 34 years old. I grew up in the Uintah Mountains of Utah. I lived in a teensy town called Neola. I loved it there! There is nothing like the mountains to make me feel safe and secure, and the beauty is breath taking! When I was about 12 years old, my parents and my brother Sunny, who is a year older than me, moved out to Kansas, where we still live. My parents live about 30 miles South of us, which is wonderful because they are still close enough to drive to when we want to or need to. I am still not exactly sure WHY we moved here (Kansas) nearly 20 years ago, but we did, and that is where I met my sweet Jeff, three years later. My life changed! I knew when I first saw him that HE WAS THE ONE. Most people thought I was just crazy and didnt know what I was talking about since I was so young. We married in August of 1991. I was just barely 18 years old. We have just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. I love this man! He is my best friend, and I love seeing the father that he has come to be! Jeff was born in Kansas, and has two older brothers. We live in the same town as Jeff's parents, which is very nice because we love having the kids close to grandparents. Jeff is an RN. He works at a hospital about 45 minutes from our home. He is a wonderful nurse, and takes great care of his patients. Currently he is taking a business class to get his Bachelors Degree, so he may not always be in the nursing field. Jeff and I are members of the LDS Church. We have served in various callings and currently Jeff is EQP (Elder's Quorum President) and I am 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency (I work with the children). We have THREE beautiful children! Having children in our marriage has been a difficult thing because it seemed at some point like they would never show up, but our first child born is our son, Matthew. We had been married for 7 years before he joined our family. He is now 8 years old, and has recently been baptized into the Church! He is such a sweet and active boy with ADHD and Asperger's. He is very smart and his favorite things to do is read and play with his toys. He really values family time as well! Matthew is the most sentimental person that I know. Matthew is in the 3rd grade and is reading at a 9th grade level, and this is with comprehension at that same level. He has a near photographic memory, which never works to our advantage because frankly, there are things I wish he would forget! ;P Matthew is in Cub Scouts with his dad, who is always there to be with Matthew. What a special bonding time they have with one another!So now the baby is awake and I need to tend to her. I will tell you more about these precious spirits when I get the chance!
So I now have just a few more minutes to write. I am trying to get down a basic history and it is very difficult to do this without the very willing and anxious hands of a 10 month old trying to help! Anyway, Bethanie is our sweet, shy and beautiful daughter. She is 5 1/2 and is in full day Kindergarten. She LOVES her Kinder teacher, and Bethanie is also a dancer. She is taking Ballet and Tap, and this Christmas, she will be involved with putting on The Nutcracker with her dance group. Bethanie is very demure, and is so kind. She loves to help out, no matter what. She loves to cuddle, loves cats and loves to "teach" her class (dolls, what ever she can find). Bethanie and I are very close, and I am so grateful for her sweet spirit!Madison is the newest edition to our family. She was born nearly a year ago. This pregnancy was extremely difficult because I had gestational diabetes and was on insulin. She was born at 9 1/2 lbs and even though the pregnancy was difficult, she is a very good and easy baby. She is nearly 11 months old and has a fun personality. She isnt going to be nearly as shy as Bethanie, and she doesnt know she is little. She thinks she is big like her Sissy and Brother. It never occures to her that she cant do something. I am so grateful for my three children! I know that they are sent to us from the Lord, it cant be any other way! Each one of them is special and they all teach us so much! I am now going to start on my blog frequent updates as I get the chance. Sometimes it may seem daily, sometimes it may be weekly or who knows. Life with three kids is very unpredictable. Now I have to leave to get Matthew from school to take him to the Dr. Last night he started to complain of ear aches and sore throat. Then it is off to dance class for Bethanie! I hope that you enjoy my blog. Our life isnt all that exciting, but I wanted to have a place to go to write some of the fun things we have going on in our lives! Halloween is in two days, there is going to be something fun! YAY!







No comments:
Post a Comment