And since my dad is still in the hospital (and will be a couple of days) we are staying home. So, it is pancreatitis. We have no idea what is causing it because he has never been an alcoholic, and he doesn't have a gallbladder to have gallstones. So, it could be that the diabetes is some how irritating his pancreas. I wish I had more details. I have been sick this week and have very little voice, so I cant even call him to talk to him. I guess that around 1:00 a.m. his nurse came in to draw blood from him. He isn't an easy stick because his veins are very small. So, he was annoyed because he had taken an ambien to sleep and there they are waking him up, plus she was digging for gold in his veins and so he told her to stop digging for gold and she started to laugh at him (he wasn't joking either). He told her to leave his room and find someone who knew what they were doing (all while his Dr was there, at 1 AM!!!) The Dr. was not happy about the nurses attitude. So, that is all I know about that so far.
For us, Jeff and the kids are going to put up Christmas lights because it is supposed to get colder towards the end of the week. Me? I am just going to lay around for death to find me....that's how bad I feel. I need to go to the Dr. but since it is a Saturday, there isn't any around. There is always the ER.
***UPDATE***
So, Jeff drove me to Clay Center to a Dr. clinic there. It is around 45 miles away (he works there), but at least I was able to go, get some meds and start to heal. Apparently I have a nasty (really bad) sinus infection and so she put me on a heavy dose of antibiotics for 10 days. I really just want to feel better. Still no news about my dad.







No comments:
Post a Comment