The other day, a dear friend of mine for over 23 years called me out of the blue! It has been years since we last spoke. She is a friend that was such an amazing example to me, starting from when we met at 10 years old. Our friendship continued on until I moved away from Utah to Kansas when I was 12 years old. We kept in touch through our teen years through letters. I became engaged to Jeff my Sr. year of High School and we were married three months after I graduated. Roxanne rode the bus out here to be my Maid of Honor. I remember visiting her once in Utah finding her VERY preggers! That was a wonderful site! (She now has five children!!!). She also went to the Salt Lake Temple with us on the day that we had Matthew sealed to us. Oh how I have missed her! As time went on, we all became parents, kept in touch when we could but life just was too busy! I thought of her often, especially in July when it was her birthday, at Christmas time when I SHOULD have sent those cards but didn't. I just didn't. For that I am sorry, but for her to contact me made me so happy. We will keep in touch now, and I think it is so neat for life's sweet memories!!!
p.s. ROXANNE if you read this, please email me your phone number! My phone ate it. I still have your address though! :O)







No comments:
Post a Comment