A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Busy week!

Here is Miss Madison feeding her baby some bread. She is such a good mommy. I love this age when little girls (boys do to) start to be so loving towards their babies!


So, I am on day two out of 14 of the busiest days of summer. The kids started swimming lessons today, and they did very well...remembering everything from last year. We have them in private swim lessons which is the same cost as the red cross. Matthew was in Red Cross for 3 years and basically learned NOTHING, so last year we put them both in private. Their teacher is a gal here named Claire. She is sooooooooooo wonderful with the kids, and she deals with Matthew quite well. Bethanie made big strides today and actually put her face in the water. She is not a natural water bug like Matthew (and Madison). She is rather timid of the water like her dad and grandma. But there is hope! She did well today. I also think Matthew will be going off the diving board for the first time this summer. He has a fear of heights, so if he does this, it will be HUGE! I didn't get to see them swim too much up close. Miss Madison was being difficult (she is going through the terrible twos, I think, and she is only 19 months). She is so ornery and toooooo independent for my own good. So I spent most of the swim time in the van while she watched her Scooby DVD. It has been such a difficult day where very little has actually gone right.




Bethanie is doing quite well for her 2nd day of summer school. Her reading has really picked up since I have been home schooling her this summer. I am so proud of how well she is learning. I hope that we will be able to look forward to her moving on to first grade this fall. She is very young as far as others in her class, so we still dont know if we will do another year of Kindergarten. Personally I would hate to see her stay back and see her friends all move forward. She is a social butterfly, but because of that, I know that she will easily make new friends.




Today I entered the kids (and my Mother-in-law's) pictures and models into the county fair. They will be judged in the morning. Last year, Bethanie took home a "Best In Fair" ribbon and a first place. Matthew took home a first place, no two first places. At another county fair, they each took home ribbons too, though instead of BIF, Bethanie took first. I am very excited to see what (if anything) everyone got. Kari (my MIL) took a picture of Mt. Rushmore last year when we were all out there, and it was sooooo beautiful with the clouds, and the color was amazing. I framed it for her and entered it since she wouldnt do it for herself. We will have to wait and see. Below is the photo she took (without the frame, which really accented it).

Anyway, updates on things tomorrow.




No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background