A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Mama...




Yesterday was my sweet Mom's birthday. We all gathered at their house to celebrate. We had a turkey dinner. :O) I made the turkey and dressing...and the cake. Oh it tasted sooooo good (the entire turkey dinner, in July!!!)





Here are the girlers. They are anxiously awaiting dessert! Matthew was elsewhere...he has a hard time with these celebrations, so many people and excitement.




My mom and I were talking the other day about the menu. She had told me that she bought a couple of pies for the meal. I was all, Mom, I am making you a cake! So then we get to her house, I snuck the cake into her pantry and then told her I didn't bring one because she had pies. She had asked me if I left her cake in the car (it was 100 degrees outside). I could tell she was disappointed in it...and I wanted to let her off the hook a couple of times because she was disappointed in not getting a cake ( I can just tell....I can read her like a book). Come to find out, she thought that I was bringing a cake, so they ATE the pies the day before. ROFLOL! So I said, its OK, we can sing to you over ICE CREAM!!! So as we were getting ready, I snuck in the pantry, lit the candles and then brought it out. She was shocked. LOL! I couldn't believe she actually thought she wasn't getting a birthday cake!!!



Opening her gifts.



The girls are hamming it up for the camera. Madison slid off as the camera clicked. :O)
It was all such a wonderful day. Jeff's parents came down to eat with us too. There was a nice thunderstorm to top off the day...I love "gentle" thunderstorms.
Mom and dad are on their last week of work before they begin their retirement. I am so excited to get to see more of them, and so the kids will get to know them better. I want to have them close to my parents. I think it is so important for them to have that kind of relationship with their grandparents.

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background