A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, August 29, 2008

Practicum...

I have now done two practicum days. These are days where I go and work IN the classroom, directly with the children. I have been very lucky to have a wonderful teacher, who is a great leader, and example. She is just the best. Bethanie had her in Kindergarten last year, and we just love her! The kids have really taken to me, especially one little boy. When we are in the halls, or lined up or coming in from recess, he will come up and just grab my had to hold it. How sweet is that??? Mrs. Brewer (the teacher I am working with) told me today that she is going to have me do things that are literally directing (or teaching) the children. This is exciting to me because we really are there just to observe or help in any little way possible, so yay! I get to do some actual student teaching! That usually doesn't come until later in the college career, but I am only getting my Associate in Elem. Ed so I wont transfer to any other college. Once I get my 64 hours or so, I will have my Associates Degree and so then I can just be a substitute teacher. That is as far as I want to take it, because I still want to be a stay at home mom. But one day, little Miss Madison will be in Kindergarten and I will want to have something to do from time to time, and I can do what I love, or work at Walmart (not that that is bad, but I would rather do what I love-teaching!). So, anyway. School is going well, but it is exhausting trying to keep up with the bustling demands of my family, doing homework and maintaining my house. My sweet husband is working hard too and he is helping me as much as he can. **sigh** I am so thankful for that!

1 comment:

levilacyeaston said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy. I love working with kids. I have my Associates and pre rec classes for elementary ed. That is what I always wanted to do but I haven't gone back to finish. I bet you are super great with them. Levi is home for good and we are loving it. I hated being apart. I don't think we will ever do it again.

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background