A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Matthew says,
"Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?"
(answer at bottom of page)
Here is Bethanie's 1st grade class. I was in charge of this party, so it was really fun arranging it and who brings/does what. The other moms were wonderful, and the kids had a blast. We played Fall BINGO, which is what the Primary kids played a few weeks ago, and the kids loved getting their BINGOs. Fall BINGO was also a game I chose for my second lesson plan to teach in my college Intro to Education class. Even the college students had fun with it (but it also involved chocolate). Bethie-Beth is the blue witch in the front left.

My three sweeties! Halloween (any holiday really) is always a struggle. Asperger's is often very challenging, and it is a test of OUR strength and endurance. It is now nearly 11:oo p.m. and we survived yet another holiday, and I know that it is only the fun memories that will remain.
I didn't get an individual picture of Miss Madison. She was in Cranky City so we just didn't meet up. I wanted to, and I tried to get the BINKERS away from her but she was just not going for it. She was a little witch like Bethanie, though her costume was different. I LOVED the colors in her costume for her. She had a good time tonight, she was really into saying THANK YOU for everything.


Here is Bethie-Beth. She had the sweetest little witch costume. I LOVE her eyes in this picture. Her expression is just lovely. I just love looking at her...I think it is her countenance.
She was so excited last night (for Halloween) that she just COULDN'T get to sleep. She is exhausted tonight, but no doubt, her dreams will be filled with all the Halloween fun she had today!



Matthew was so cool in his Bumble Bee Transformer costume. He is just getting too big for these costumes. Next year we will have to be inventive for his costumes. I think this was an awesome costume for him!!!




Here is White Grandpa (Albert, my FIL). He was teasing Madison by wearing her hat. She could care less. Usually she would grab it away from him and say, "MINE!!!"



In Salina, our Branch from Concordia teamed up with the Salina ward for a combined activity (church stuff). It was a carnival and trunk or treat. So we went down and decorated our trunks and passed out candy and that is how the kids went trick or treating. They had a great time but some of the pictures below show what happened. What a fun time.

Bethanie and Heather are bobbing for apples. This is huge for Bethanie because she HATES water in or near her face. I am so proud of her for trying this. Heather is a good example to her, and if Heather does it, she feels safe enough to try too.






Same goes for Madison, if SISSY does it, she can too. She grabbed an apple and started eating it. Then she would THROW it back into the bucket and go for another one. It was hard to keep her out of that water. She would just as soon as take a bath in it then and there if we let her!






Matthew also bobbed for apples! He caught one by the stem!







Madison was quite good at the pumpkin bowling. She played this several times and just had a great time.





Matthew did the cupcake walk, a few times. This cupcake was gruesome, it had an eyeball on it! OY!






Now he is bobbing for donuts. He did great! If it involves food, he is there, man!






There was a pumpkin decorating contest. The four pumpkins with the potato head pieces on them were our four. The one on the left (second from the left) was Heather's, the white one next to it was Matthews (he won $5 for 3rd place), then Bethanie's then Madison's (she won $5 for the smallest). Bethanie didn't win anything, she was so bummed. I told her we would go buy her some shoes tomorrow. She was happy then. LOL!
All in all the day was challenging. I had classes all morning, and the children were off the wall this morning before school. I had to leave my last class early so I could get to Bethie-Beth's school party, and it just was hectic and fast paced all day long. I am exhausted, but it was fun to say the least.


I cant believe tomorrow is NOVEMBER!!! That means Thanksgiving is coming soon, and our tree will be up in just three weeks! Well....if I can get it up when I usually do! How exciting! I just love these holidays, and fun times with my sweet family!






Answer:
Because he didn't have the guts!



No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background