A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Um...now what?

That is all I can say.

For my Music Appreciation class, I have to attend 5 concerts. Then I have to write about the concert and hand it in. That has proven to be nearly impossible for me. I tried to at Fall Fest, but the kids would never let me get any of it done. That was 2 concert possibilities missed on that one day. Tonight, I took the kids to the Jr. High and tried to view their Vocal Concert. Jeff was where? Of course, anywhere but here, so I had to take the kids with me. Near the end, there were about 4 songs left, a man came up to me and asked me (because Madison was very wiggly and noisy, that is why we sat in the back of the auditorium) if he could watch him (he thought she was a boy) out in the hall so it was more quiet. I said, she was fine with me. He then asked me if there was an older sibling that could watch her. I said, um, NO (as if I would let Matthew tend her). So then he started telling me that he needed it to be quiet and I said fine, we would leave. He was all, I can watch him in the hall for you, and I was all, I don't even know who you are, why would I let you watch my child? He said (in a rather saintly way, I almost saw a halo around him) "I am the Vice Principal" and I am all, so? I still don't know who you are. We will just leave. Then I proceeded to tell him that there were lots of people in the back row cursing and talking and texting and so on, he needed to get on them as well. So, here I sit, half a concert behind me, feeling rather humiliated that because of my children, I was asked to leave. I am so sad that I have NO ONE to help me with children when I need it. Jeff's parents are out of town, so it is just me. Disappointed and let down.

Pity Party is now over. Back to my homework, I have a midterm in the morning.

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background