For very special occasions, I collect Willow Tree figurines. My husband is so thoughtful, and he has learned over the years that certain things have sentimental value to me. He started me on this collection a couple of years ago. This is one he bought for me for Phi Theta Kappa. It is symbolic because of the rose. I will always remember this, when ever I see her. Isn't she beautiful?Tonight was the night for the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society induction. There were 22 inductees, but 17 were from our Cloud County Campus, the others were from Geary County. It was a combined ceremony. My parents came and so did Jeff's. I felt so bad because Madison was being a turkey and Al (Jeff's dad) had to stand out in the lobby with her because all she wanted to do was scream. They both missed it all (but came in for cake later).
It was a nice ceremony. I wish my children would have behaved though. They were a mess, especially Madison. At some point she ran off down the hall and into a classroom with a class going on. She ducked down, yelled, "Mommy". Al had to go in to get her. They all got a laugh ot of that (maybe Al didnt).
I really want them to see us be successful. I think that it is important that they see how important it is to do our best, as long as we do our best, we are successful by any standard. Anyway, I am now officially a member of Phi Theta Kappa. Now, can I keep my 4.0 GPA? The pressure is on! :O)







1 comment:
I am so proud of you! And look at how skinny you are now. WOW!!! I can totally see the weight loss. :)
Post a Comment