A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a day!

I had such goals! I was going to sew PJ's with my mom today, and it was only going to take 2-3 hours. She couldnt stay to help me sew, so it was up to me. It took me 8 HOURS, yes, you read right. But I finished them. I am not a great seemstress (was going to put sewer, but thought that sounded disgusting). The kids wont notice my mistakes, only I will. :O) I made Matthew a pair of PJ bottoms, and a pillow case out of red flannel back satin. I know, sounds weird for a boy, but I think he will like the texture of the fabric. The girls have PJ bottoms too, made of flannel back satin also, that is a deep blue with Tinker Bell on it. Their shirts are just plain white undershirts. For the girls, I made little snugglie lap blankets out of the left over material. I think they will like them. I hope so. I hope they feel that my making their PJs it is a special thing. I always thought it was when my mom sewed my special things.

Jeff is on a 4 day stretch for work. That stinks because he is working 12 1/2 + hours each day and has an hour and a half drive daily (that counts both ways). He fell on the ice outside of the hospital earlier today and bruised up his backside. I guess if you have to do something like that, outside the hospital is the place to do it.

I didnt get any of my Christmas candy done today becuase I spent it sewing (while the kids were at White's). Matthew and Bethanie were to have a sleep over at White's tonight, but Matthew had to come home early because he is not feeling well. He woke up late last night thowing up all over his bed. He hasnt thrown up today, but wont eat either. On our way back from White Grandma's, we slid all the way down our hill. We live right in the middle of the block on a high hill. So we slid on down, past our drive way and all the way to the bottom so we had to go back up and around again. This time, we made it to the drive way and then into the neighbors yard. Matthew thought it was hilarious and yelled, "We've run aground!!!". I thought it was really funny becuase if you knew Matthew, you would know that Joking and Asperger's dont usually go hand in hand. This was a genuine joke. I loved it.

Anyway. I am going to go and throw my exhausted body into bed. Tomorrow, since Church has been cancelled, I am going to make sure I get my baking done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

better you sewing then me :P

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background