So, in my Comp. II class, we have to share our thesis statements for our argument papers. I was telling the "kids" in my group that the topic I have chosen is really quite a great debate (well, among many women, anyway). I have seen many women (mostly in email land) take very strong and opinionated stands on this issue (Breastfeeding vs not breastfeeding is another one, but I am not about to venture into that topic in a college English Comp. class). Anyway, one kid in this class-who was in my music appreciation class last semester asked me how old I was. Awe, I never get tired of college kids asking me this question...it happened last semester too, and you know, it never ceases to floor me when that happens. I asked him to tell me how old he thought I was. We were discussing his topic which is whether the drinking age should be lowered or not. LOL! He was like...I thought maybe 25 or something. GOOD ONE! LOOK AT ALL THE SILVER (and I don't mean in my pocket). I don't LOOK 25. I am a long way from that. LOL! If the truth is known, I dont even want to go back to my 20's. I like being in my 30's. Or I will when I get there ;OP !!!
I am sure he was embarrassed for even asking me and looked for a nice way out. LOL! Should I take it as a compliment? <
>
No comments:
Post a Comment