A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, May 22, 2009

MeMoRiEs...



I remember it so clearly, when I went into labor. 7 years ago we were up in Burr Oak Kansas trying like crazy to find the pond out in a field to see where Sister Underwood's son was being baptized. We never did find that pond, so we went to their house and waited. When everyone got back, we all ate cake and hid from a tornado. We were on our way back from Burr Oak when a strange white dog jumped out in front of us from out of no where, we almost hit it and it scared me to death. I remember telling Jeff that I think it was trying to make the baby come early, between that, the bumpy dirt roads we traveled looking for the pond and dodging tornadoes. We ate Burger King for supper that night. I was very tired when we got home. At 11:20 p.m. I was laying down to go to bed when I moved just right, felt a weird pop in my baby area and thought I wet myself (EEEWWWW, HEY everyone knows that a baby will kick the bladder and that happens, get over it!!!). I panicked and called the Dr. and he told me how to tell if it was my water that broke or not. Well, we decided that my water broke, but how could that be?? It was not time yet, I still had another month and a half. We were scared spitless and flew to Manhattan. What is normally an hour and a half drive, it took us 50 minutes which is terrifying in the middle of the night in deer infested land. We made it just fine to the hospital. I was really upset when I was told indeed that it was my water. I could not envision that this sweet little baby was prepared to enter into this world so early. I just didn't feel that she was ready, and neither was I. She came at 11:19 a.m. and weighted 6 lb 11 oz and was PERFECT. She was a little premature in age, but not in spirit or size. What a MIRACLE this person is. I look at her in wonder, each and every day...completely amazed that she is MY daughter. Other people see her and see her outer beauty but WE get to see what is inside. She is a magnificent person who is so kind, thoughtful and pure. I feel so loved by Heavenly Father because he sent me HER. She calms my soul, she soothes my heart, she makes me feel sooooooooooo loved. She is a miracle in my life, the child we were never going to be able to have. We know now that because of Heavenly Fathers plan for us, we had to have Matthew first. He needed to be in our home, THANKFULLY, but had we gotten pregnant with Bethanie, Matthew couldn't have come here. Heavenly Father was so wise that because he gave us Matthew, He gave us Bethanie. They are both amazing children and then there is Madison....I cant even put into words how I feel about each one of them. But this is Bethie-Beth's day, and she is the truest birthday gift I can imagine! I love you, daughter of mine!
Take a look at a picture journal through the years...




I was 24 weeks pregnant, and Reesie was adorable (still is)




We just brought her home...she was very jaundiced, but sooooo sweet. I remember having to sit outside in the car, with a naked baby, sunbathing her because she needed the sun rays.


One year old! I still have this outfit....I still love this picture.




When Bethie was 2, I had to have her surgically removed from my hip. She clung to me constantly. I remember crying to my Dr. to please help me!!! LOL!


I cant find her 3 & 4 year old pictures on my computer, but this one was when she was four years old sledding in our back yard. I LOVE how happy she is in this photo...


Bethanie went through this phase where she did not want to smile for the pictures. We were lucky to get this shot of her. LOL!



This is her 6 year old school picture and the one below is her 6 year old birthday picture.
I love that she has a pose for everything!

Such a performer! This is her most recent dance recital picture...



My stunningly beautiful little girl. I love her so much!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHIE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to your daughter!

Binny said...

Happy Brithday to the sweetest little girl! She is such a sweetheart.

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background