On Tuesday, we had to take the kids to Kansas City because one of our kids needed to do some tests at Children's Mercy Hospital. So we thought while we were there, we would treat the kids to Worlds Of Fun, a theme park near by.
The kids LOVE staying in hotels. Kansas City is only about 4 hours away from here, but that makes a really REALLY long trip for three young children, especially for one that gets car sick. So we stayed over night. We swam in the hotel swimming pool for a while, which was a lot of fun for the kids. It was cool outside so we adults thought it was very chilly.

We had been planning on this trip for a week or so, plotting and planning and the kids didn't know about Worlds of Fun until we pulled in to the parking lot. We bought the kids new ball caps because they needed to wear them at the fun park to prevent being burned. Here is Bethanie modeling hers at the hotel...
And this is the after, we are all wet from the water fall we had to go under. I got the brunt of the water because we hit a big wave on my side of the raft and it all went down my shirt, bra and backside. It felt nice, but the water stunk!Not to mention, he actually rode a ride. This one went up in the air and around in a circle three times backward, then it stopped and went the other way. Matthew is not one for rides, but he liked this one.
Bethanie and Madison in Camp Snoopy. They LOVE swinging and I didn't think we would get Madison OFF the swings. She had so much fun and so did Bethie!

Race Car ride

Boat ride (in case you couldn't tell)

We spent a bulk of our time at Camp Snoopy. We saw Linus and Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Madison did NOT want to be near them at all. She called Snoopy "Doggie" and he tried to get near her but she would not have it.
Matthew is a lot like Linus. They both have a favorite blanket and are both rather intelligent for their ages. LOL!
Bethanie Big Girl! She had so much fun. The girls really needed to get out and do some fun things. It is a big source of stress for Matthew, but I know he did have a good time.
Race Car ride
Boat ride (in case you couldn't tell)
We spent a bulk of our time at Camp Snoopy. We saw Linus and Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Madison did NOT want to be near them at all. She called Snoopy "Doggie" and he tried to get near her but she would not have it.
Our first ride of the day, I took Bethanie on a roller coaster that sort of was like tea cups but it was called Spinning Dragons. It was high up and it was on a metal rail and you spun around in a car and it twirled and whirled around curly tracks. It was her first REAL ride. I have to say it was SCARY, especially for her. She cried after we stopped and I had to carry her off of it while she sobbed. It was so funny. LOL! She had more fun on it than she thinks (after the fact).
When we were leaving, I decided that I would go on a roller coaster that I always wanted to go on. I have never been on one that your feet hang down. This one was called the Patriot. No one else would go with me, so I went on it alone. Standing in line waiting, I really didn't feel scared, or nervous. No second thoughts or anything. It was so strange. I realized I have really come a long way in my life when even thrill rides cant get a reaction out of me! It was a lot of fun though, and I squealed a bit here and there (when my head was above my feet several loopy loops in a row). But other then that, I wasn't scared.
Here is "Driving Miss Bethanie"
When we were leaving, I decided that I would go on a roller coaster that I always wanted to go on. I have never been on one that your feet hang down. This one was called the Patriot. No one else would go with me, so I went on it alone. Standing in line waiting, I really didn't feel scared, or nervous. No second thoughts or anything. It was so strange. I realized I have really come a long way in my life when even thrill rides cant get a reaction out of me! It was a lot of fun though, and I squealed a bit here and there (when my head was above my feet several loopy loops in a row). But other then that, I wasn't scared.
Here is "Driving Miss Bethanie"








No comments:
Post a Comment