
We had a *BLAST* today with family and friends! We had a get together at Jeff's parents. My parents, brother and his family came, and our Branch President and his sweet wife came. We ate so much food. I am sure tomorrow I wont be taking off a sticker from my fridge. Al (my FIL) made his famous fresh fried catfish. Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Carrot Salad, Deviled eggs, two kinds of home made ice cream, oh-baked beans, peach cobbler, my white flag cake....I know I am not naming everything. While we were eating (in the garage with the doors all opened up) a big thunderstorm whipped up a fuss. It was LOUD and windy. We were enjoying just sitting there and watching it all. When it was over, we looked out into the yard and saw tons of tree branches down. We were concerned because it was not just a few branches, in some cases, it was whole trees. So Jeff and I went to see if our house was OK. It never hit on our side of town! It rained, but no wind thankfully. After we ate, Ann (my SIL) and I went for a walk. We were in so much pain and agony from eating the best meal ever and so we thought we had better walk it off, even just a little walk. We attacked some hills near by.
We then went and bought a few fireworks for the kids. They are still little enough that they don't need the big stuff. Matthew stayed inside for most of it. He just isn't interested. Which is fine, too.
Below is some of the damage we spotted from our thunderstorm. FREAKY!!! I guess Mother Nature let off a few fireworks of her own!
A huge tree is in the middle of the road by the golf course, on the way to the college. We were so totally rubber neckers here. We saw the lights and had to see what it was all about.

This is the house directly behind my in-laws house. Their neighbors tree split in half.

This is some of the damage at my in-laws house. Sheesh! Still nothing on our end of town...
No comments:
Post a Comment