A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, March 26, 2010

YeStErDaY...

I had a dental appointment yesterday. For those who don't know, I am SCARED TO DEATH to go to the dentist. Last summer I had extensive work done. I was in the chair for 6 1/2 hours. My dentist is awesome. He now has sedation available for us weaklings. :O) So I was sedated last time. On Tuesday this week, I had a cleaning. I had two fillings fall out since last summer. One of my teeth also had the enamel buckle, and a chunk came out, so it needed a filling. Weird stuff! We also found that one of my back upper teeth needed a root canal/crown. So I had that and three fillings to do. I started with all the pre-meds at home. When I got to the dentist, none of them had kicked in. So they gave me some fast acting knock out drugs. Nothing. Na-da. Three times later, they went ahead and started. I felt each and every shot, cried through some of them, felt the drilling start and then blacked out. THANK THE LORD! It took an hour and half longer than planned, prolly because the time it took to get the meds to sink in. When we got home, I remember NOTHING after the shots and drilling. But I do remember walking up into our yard in the back and hearing Jeff yell, "NONONONO!" at me. I then proceeded to fall in mud. Or....was I PUSHED? After 18 1/2 years of marriage, your guess is as good as mine. :O) I then remember DH fed us supper. I should have him make it more often. It tasted amazingly like KFC, which is a long standing family tradition when someone gets their teeth worked on (Mashed Potatoes, gravy, mac and cheese). Only usually everyone else eats steak (eat your heart out!!!). Anyway, I ate and went to bed. I think. That is MY take on the day. I have also been suffering from a spinal pressure headache for almost two weeks now. These are the pits because NOTHING takes away the pain. I have to start taking my Diamox, which is a tablet I take twice a day to decrease spinal and ocular pressure in the brain. Basically the spinal fluid pressure is squeezing my brain when it gets that bad. Now, as of today, the headache is in the back ground, looming, which tells me I am on the winning side of it. :O) YAY!

1 comment:

Cori Ann said...

You poor thing! Sounds like yesterday wasn't your best day :( I know you hate taking medication but I really think you need to stay on the diamox. (sp?) Hope you're feeling better soon! Love ya my friend. :)

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background