A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, May 13, 2010

BeThAniE...

Oh what is there to say about this sweet beauty of mine! Bethanie is my God-Send. All of my children are, but Father in Heaven gave me Bethanie, because he gave me Madison and Matthew. LOL! Those two, especially together, are HE** on wheels. But Bethanie is so different. So pure, gentle and sweet. I really want to be like her when I grow up. As with all my children, I am so proud of her. Things don't come easy for this child of mine. She has to work at school, and to understand her emotions. She is so much like her mama. So tender, and she wants to please everyone. She thinks about ways to make them feel special. She never asks for anything, and she is very generous. I love her. She is my feel good kid. I had to laugh at her today because she was silly (and a little confused). Sometimes she has a hard time putting things together. She said, "Mommy, what month is the 4th of July in"? LOL! I thought she was kidding at first. But realized she wasn't. So then I told her, "Well, think about what you said". She figured it out. Whew! Then she said, "What day is it on"? ROFLOL! Silly girl. I know she cant help it, but it was one of those moments where she learned that words to have meaning, and terms like, "The Fourth Of July" means just as it says, July 4th. LOL! Silly. Recently we learned that she has a learning disability. We have known for a while that she was not connecting things as she should. Remember, she was a preemie (yep, a 6lb 11 oz preemie). She was born 6 weeks early but she was large. So on with the testing, and we learned that her working memory is fairly deficient, so with a lot of repetition, lot of extra work, we can get her where she needs to be. The bad news is that we have to go through the IEP process again. I really didn't want to have to go through that again. But I tell myself that it is a new team, different child, and THIS TEAM WONT BREAK. :O)

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background