A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, May 14, 2010

I DiD iT!





Goodness what a day! Let me break it up for you:





I slept in until 7:30, (I ended up going back to bed until 9:30 later) when Jeff called a fairly local radio station to brag to them that it was my birthday. That wasn't enough, he told them I was graduating. So the DJ made a big deal about loving my name, and entered me into their drawing like everyone else. Well, he drew my name out and I won a meal for two at a Mongolian restaurant in Manhattan (an hour and a half away, LOL!) I don't know what Mongolian food is, but we will go! How fun!!! A DATE!!!






So, at 12:00,I ended up going to the Rotary luncheon for Honor students. I was SCARED TO DEATH to go to this thing by myself. It felt a little self indulgent to go just to be honored and recognized by people I didn't even know. But, it was a delish meal, and had to stand up and tell what our degree was in and what we planned to do from here. I plan to substitute teach. :O) Nothing special. But Jeff did give me a beautiful corsage that I wore (couldn't wear it to graduation though). thanks sweetie!





At 2:00, Jeff and I went to graduation rehearsal. What a MESS! We got through that and went to pick sweet Bethanie up from school. She is so sweet. Today was her 2nd grade field trip to the zoo (an hour away). She had fun. Then from there, we went home and I started to get ready for the graduation ceremony. From there, it went fast.





The ceremony was nice, it was long winded by some, and I wanted to throttle the kid I was sitting next to. But we made it through, and we got some really nice pictures. I am surprised because usually *I* am the one taking the pictures, and for good reason! My favorite ones are at the top of this post.




When we got home, we had a nice birthday/graduation celebration. Jeff provided a nice turtle frozen ice cream cake YUM) his mom got a nice graduation cake from Salina, and my mom (sweetie!!!) made me a two flavor cake. OY! That's a LOT OF CAKE. So, because we were so wise, we left the ice cream cake out to thaw for the hour we were gone for the ceremony. Well, it ended up being TWO hours, and when we got home, the top slid off the cake. LOL! But, the good news was it was still frozen and DELISH on the inside. So, no one went hungry. It was ugly but very tasty. LOL!





It was a great day, lots of family, friends, and well wishers. Thanks, dear husband of mine for making my day so special, and thanks to our parents who were here supporting this day and cheering me on! I cant tell you how special you have all made me feel! I LOVE YOU!




TThe turtle shell slid off. LOL! no before picture. DELICIOUS!!!!!






2 comments:

shayster said...

What a blessed day!!!

Cori Ann said...

YOU DID YOU!!! You set a goal and you achieved it! I am soooooo proud of you! Love ya my friend :)

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background