had back surgery today. :'( She has struggled over the lasts year or so with horrible pain. She had some calcium build up that was pressing all of the nerves inside the spinal cord off to the side. She had severe pain down her left leg all the time, which also led her to be unstable in her walking, and led her to a fall a month ago. She has had 3 knee surgeries in the last year, and now it was time for her back. Dad, Ann and I were there (Jeff was with our kids) during the surgery and waited. It took just over an hour. The surgeon said that the cushion between the discs looked good, and he cleaned out all of the blockage. Her recovery time will be long. 6-8 weeks, and she will be using a walker. I doubt I have seen her in as much pain as I have today after surgery. She has been through a lot in her life. She is 60 years old and has had more than one lifetime worth of pain and suffering. What an example she is to me though, as she goes through it, she never moans or groans about it. It was hard seeing her today, because she hurt so much. I DONT want to be there when they get her out of her bed tomorrow to walk. :'( makes me sad to think about it. She MIGHT get to come home on Friday or Saturday. I will spend a couple nights with them to make sure she gets her needs met (as well as dads).
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment