A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Friday, March 4, 2011

TiMe fLiEs...

Honestly I don't know where my time goes. Sometimes it seems like my days are all blended into one. I am pretty busy with the kids. Sometimes I wonder if they should still be so needy at their ages! I cant believe it is FINALLY March. The winter hasn't been too bad, but my body just doesn't like the cold weather. I have Fibromyalgia and it is flared up and doesn't seem to settle down unless the sun is shining and its 65 out.


We switched the kids rooms around on Monday. The way things were set up with the girls room was terrible. There isn't a single wall that you could put a bed on. So there was only room for one bed, and it stuck out in the middle of the room. That was just a twin size bed, so Madison was still sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor. We felt like she really needed a bed of her own. It became such an issue so we decided that the other bedroom that Matthew was in would really be a better fit for two kids. It has TWO walls that are full walls. So we bought bunk beds for the girls, and now Madison FINALLY has a bed of her own. A real bed. She is OVER THE MOON (idiom). Bethanie is as well. She gets the top bunk and she LOVES it. They really both needed their own space. Matthew has a pink room at this point. But BOTH their bedrooms (ours too and the hallway) are going to be painted. Matthew's will be done like denim, and the girls will be a hot green and a teal blue. Very girly.


Another fun thing is that we surprised Madison with getting her ears pierced. We woke up last Saturday, had to drive to Salina to order Bethanie new glasses at Sears, and I asked Madison if she was ever going to get her ears pierced. She didn't know, so I said, HOW ABOUT TODAY? Totally spur of the moment, and as an after thought, I remembered the HE** we went through when Bethanie had hers done at 3 years old. WRONG THING TO DO FOR HER. But Madison has a higher tolerance for pain. She didn't even shed a tear. She was so strong at this! I am so proud of her. Oh, and Bethanie's new glasses look so good. They are still on order and Matthew just got a new pair too. Jeff and I just ordered ours. THANK GOODNESS FOR OUR FLEX ACCOUNT which allows us to pay for 4 people to wear glasses. :)
Madison is hugging Claire Bear as she waits patiently for her ears to be pierced!
She picked out the studs herself. They are a teal flower. So pretty and she takes very good care of them, lets me clean them and she is willing to show EVERYONE that comes her way!


Here is a side view of Bethanie's new glasses. She went all out for the bling. I liked these frames on her, and I tried them on (and the black version) and liked them on me. I am jealous! But she only needs glasses for reading, so she wont wear them all the time.

Today I felt inspired to make a huge meal. I don't normally cook like this but I have a large chicken in the oven and I made two pies. Pumpkin and Fresh tart Cherry. Most of the time I don't have the energy or desire to do such baking.


Matthew is progressing in school slowly, but its moving forward. We were able to get him out of doing his State Assessments by using a medical exemption. TONS of stress released after this last IEP meeting. Even though he does his school work at home, he is still a student at a (virtual) public school and so then he has to abide by public school things.
So, there you have it! Sorry you made it this far?

HAHAHA !

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background