Bethanie just completed 3rd Grade! She did an amazing job coming in with all A's & B's. I am so proud of her hard work. She has discovered the world of reading! This summer we are working on the Little House On The Prairie series. It helps that she gets to see the characters on TV so she can picture them in her mind. One of her favorite things about 3rd grade was her teacher. She had Rita Limon. For the first time for Bethanie, she had an IEP. Last year we found out that she has a working memory deficiency. Basically, her work needs to be in bite-sized pieces. Once that happened for her (after a couple years of trying to find out why she struggled), she was able to really just flourish! Coming into 4th grade, she was selected to be a Peer Mediator, and she will be working with younger children, helping them. I know this will be a plus for her and the students she works with. She is such a wonderful example! She is also a very devoted friend!
Matthew just finished 6th Grade. Explaining it for him is a mixed bag because he is at different levels of academics for certain subjects. This was his first year in a Virtual Public School. I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the district he is in. Even though he does his work at home on the computer, he has re-embraced his love of learning. Sadly the school district here nearly killed all his love for it. It took us almost a whole year to regain that back by loving him back into learning (through his greatest love, reading). Matthew is a very happy kid. He loves his routines with me during the day. I am so glad to have him home with me during the day. I have learned so much about myself through Matthew! Today he said, "Mommy, how do you draw an angel"? I said, "I'm not really sure, why"? He said, "Because I want to draw a picture of you"! My heart soared. If you know anything at all about Matthew, you would know why that is a piece of real treasure for my heart. God is good, and he works in mysterious ways. Through a mothers heart is one of the greatest ways to bring joy.
Just look at my beautiful baby! Wait! She isnt a baby any more! WAAAH! My sweet Madison is now 4 1/2 years old. This was her first year in Preschool. She LOVED each and every minute of it! She went on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the mornings at Bright Beginnings Preschool (both of her siblings went there as well). This next school year she will be going 3 mornings a week. That will help when it is time to get Matthew on his new school schedule. She LOVES her teacher and had her first boy friend. :P His name was Coby. I wonder if he will be in her class again next school year. :P Madison is quite the spunky and very outspoken young girl. She is like her brother in many ways, she will be bold when she needs to be, but sometimes her shy side creeps out. That is pretty rare. But she has a heart of gold, and she is tender and sensitive in spirit. I know that there never has been anything small about this child of mine! Even her personality is huge! What a sweet kid! I am so blessed with my sweet children! I marvel at the gifts the Lord has given to me. I know my family is complete, and I am so fine with that. I know I will still have the yearnings of a little baby to hold, but my hands are full and I feel complete. Thank you Father for my sweet and wonderful children! I love them so! And I love their dad with all my heart!







No comments:
Post a Comment