A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, September 29, 2011

cArLiSLe...











On Monday, September 26th, we let our sweet Carlisle go home to Heavenly Father. He had been suffering from Feline Leukemia.
He was so strong and brave. But he wasn't able to fight the virus off. Over the weekend, he just got worse, so, as life lessons go, we took him to the vet that morning, and made the difficult decision to let him sleep. I held him as he went to sleep, and went home to start mending a family full of broken hearts. It amazes me how resilient children are. We all spent the day at home (Jeff was working) as I kept the girls out of school for the day to help them deal with their emotions. They rebounded well, still get sad from time to time, but I found my reaction has been the strongest. I cry out of the blue, and miss him terribly. We will get another cat, that is for sure. We have to wait at least a month for the virus to die so the new family member doesn't get Feline Leukemia. I miss you Carlisle! Very broken hearted.

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background