
I am back and ready to blog again. I cant promise it will be often, but things have been SO crazy since school started. I will try to update how things have been going over the next FEW posts. They may or may not be in order of events. :)
Some things keeping me busy are:
Kids. Yep. Its all I can say. Currently, my kids are as follows:
Matthew turned 13 in February. YES! I am a mom of a TEENAGER! I have to say, he is by far our easiest child...MOST of the time. I am still schooling him at home with the virtual school. We wont be over the next year though. We will be using the LIFE curriculum. LOL! In other worlds, he is going to be learning a lot of independent living skills training. So far, he has learned how to cook a spaghetti dinner on his own, and shop for all ingredients, and also clean up afterward. This is all because we have a WONDERFUL Case Manager, who also has a child with autism, and is trained in working with people to learn how to live independently. I am SO excited! We set him up with a budget and he has to stick by it.
Bethanie is almost ready to turn 10 years old in May. WHERE HAS TIME GONE? She is almost ready to finish up 4th grade. I cant believe how wonderful this girl is. She is so athletic, so artistic and so social! Today we found out that with her state assessment in reading, she scored exemplary status! So next fall, she will be awarded from the State! She had a 97/100%! She has been in two different dance classes this year. She is doing Jazz and Ballet. This is like her 6th year doing it. She is quite a beautiful and confident dancer/performer. It is really funny too, because she is SUPER shy. I love that quality about her. I hope she keeps it forever, but just wish it wasn't so painful for her on a daily basis!
Madison is now FIVE!!!! Oh My Gosh. She is for sure growing up. She is a sassy, sweet, bold young lady! I am so proud of her! She is really getting into the FRIEND thing at school. It is so funny because her favorite music is Michael Jackson. Don't ask me how or why, it just happened! She can hardly wait to start Kindergarten! She can easily count to 100, she recognizes her letters wonderfully, and most of the sounds. She just needs to connect the dots and start reading! She is left handed mostly. It is really interesting because sometimes when she writes, it is like mirror writing. She will start from the right, and write toward the left, with her letters all backward, so if you hold it up in the mirror, you can read it. :P I hope that wont be a problem!
Jeff has been working a TON. His job is really great, but it is complex. He has more than one hat he wears at work, and he is just very busy.
Me, well....see the above. This is what I do all day. I am truly the GLUE that holds everyone together. It gets very exhausting. I took a forced (by me) vacation to Utah in February. I flew out to Salt Lake and spent time with dear friends. My BFF hosted me and (CoriAnn) her wonderful family treated me like a queen! I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to, but just to get away and be with people I have missed so much, and even to see my twin sisters headstone was awesome. I even met two of my cousins for the first time ever!
Anyway, that's enough for right now. I promise I will do better and blog more!
Some things keeping me busy are:
Kids. Yep. Its all I can say. Currently, my kids are as follows:
Matthew turned 13 in February. YES! I am a mom of a TEENAGER! I have to say, he is by far our easiest child...MOST of the time. I am still schooling him at home with the virtual school. We wont be over the next year though. We will be using the LIFE curriculum. LOL! In other worlds, he is going to be learning a lot of independent living skills training. So far, he has learned how to cook a spaghetti dinner on his own, and shop for all ingredients, and also clean up afterward. This is all because we have a WONDERFUL Case Manager, who also has a child with autism, and is trained in working with people to learn how to live independently. I am SO excited! We set him up with a budget and he has to stick by it.
Bethanie is almost ready to turn 10 years old in May. WHERE HAS TIME GONE? She is almost ready to finish up 4th grade. I cant believe how wonderful this girl is. She is so athletic, so artistic and so social! Today we found out that with her state assessment in reading, she scored exemplary status! So next fall, she will be awarded from the State! She had a 97/100%! She has been in two different dance classes this year. She is doing Jazz and Ballet. This is like her 6th year doing it. She is quite a beautiful and confident dancer/performer. It is really funny too, because she is SUPER shy. I love that quality about her. I hope she keeps it forever, but just wish it wasn't so painful for her on a daily basis!
Madison is now FIVE!!!! Oh My Gosh. She is for sure growing up. She is a sassy, sweet, bold young lady! I am so proud of her! She is really getting into the FRIEND thing at school. It is so funny because her favorite music is Michael Jackson. Don't ask me how or why, it just happened! She can hardly wait to start Kindergarten! She can easily count to 100, she recognizes her letters wonderfully, and most of the sounds. She just needs to connect the dots and start reading! She is left handed mostly. It is really interesting because sometimes when she writes, it is like mirror writing. She will start from the right, and write toward the left, with her letters all backward, so if you hold it up in the mirror, you can read it. :P I hope that wont be a problem!
Jeff has been working a TON. His job is really great, but it is complex. He has more than one hat he wears at work, and he is just very busy.
Me, well....see the above. This is what I do all day. I am truly the GLUE that holds everyone together. It gets very exhausting. I took a forced (by me) vacation to Utah in February. I flew out to Salt Lake and spent time with dear friends. My BFF hosted me and (CoriAnn) her wonderful family treated me like a queen! I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to, but just to get away and be with people I have missed so much, and even to see my twin sisters headstone was awesome. I even met two of my cousins for the first time ever!
Anyway, that's enough for right now. I promise I will do better and blog more!







3 comments:
So good to hear from you! Sounds like the kids are doing great.
So good to hear from you! Sounds like the kids are doing great.
Isn't it time for another visit to Utah? I loved having you here and I miss you everyday! :-)
Post a Comment