A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Recital 2012!

Oh WOW!  I am BLOGGING again!  So, since I last blogged, the whole blogspot format has changed.  So I am not used to it yet.  That said, it lets me put a whole ton of pictures on it at a time!  So I will take advantage and work on catching up some things...

This past weekend was the Spring Dance Recital.  Both Bethanie and Madison do dance.  This year, Bethanie took a jazz class and a ballet class.  So she had two performances in this years recital.  Really it was like having another daughter in it because of costume, hair changes.  But it was a SUPER CUTE recital.  The theme was Alice In Wonderland.  I took all of the pictures myself because I don't like to RELY on the photographer that does the photography because while the pictures are good, they only have a couple of the girls, and they are my focus.  :P


I really love and admire the relationship my daughters have with one another.  BEST FRIENDS ARE WE, MY SISTER AND ME. 

 This picture is so fun because Madison is just grandiose! She has such a big personality, and she is just a force to be reckoned with!  She is 5 years old now, and he will be graduating from preschool just next week!  For the recital, she did a sweet tap dance as a lady bug!


 This is actually two preschool groups.  It was too big to have them all in one class.  Madison's class is the lady bugs and the other class is bumble bees.  ARENT THEY SO CUTE?!?!



 This is Bethanie's ballet costume.  Her dance group was Pink Rose Princesses.  I LOVE LOVE LOVED this routine.  It was just beautiful and graceful.  Bethanie has really come a long way with her dancing.  I am in awe of her.  She is so shy, but as a performer, she is very open.  I LOVE that in her!


 This was Bethanie's Jazz group.  Not all the same girls as the ballet.  This one was a flamingo dance where they danced and used pink flamingo's as golf clubs and hit beach balls out into the audience.  It was really cool!

Looks like I got these pictures out of order, but this is her in performance mode of her ballet.


OK, I might get some video clips up later of the recital.  But for now, I will play catch up.  :P

Earlier this month, we took my dad and the kids to Kansas City to the new LDS Temple that was having its open house.  We were really excited to get them into the temple so they could stop imagining what it was like inside it, and could see for themselves.  Madison was the one that was the most impressed.  She has talked a lot about it, and especially on the way home.  She drew her fingers into a heart and said, "The Temple is Beautiful".  That really warmed my heart!  Funny how I expected Bethanie to have more of a reaction, but it was Madison.  I STILL love thinking about it!



 This is Sunny, my older brother and my dad.  Out for a motorcycle ride.

 Sunny and my mom (before she fell and broke her leg.  Never thought she would have made it onto the motorcycle, but she REALLY enjoyed the ride...


I miss you, dear friend!!!  CoriAnn and I have been friends for a number of years.  I love her to pieces.  In February I flew out to Utah to stay a few days with her and her sweet family.  I had such a good time.  While I was there, I met some of my cousins that I have not met before, but have communicated with through the wonder-ment of technology.  :P


This sweet girl is one of my cousins.  Her name is Katherine Nichole.  She is my first cousin, though a great deal younger than me.  She just turned 19.  I love her to death!  I was so happy to meet her.  Her mom and my mom are sisters.  Recently her mom passed away.  I was so thankful to have been able to meet Katherine and see Aunt Teresa again. 


So, slowly I will catch things up.  I am just amazed I got this much in.  :) 

1 comment:

Cori Ann said...

Hey! Did you know that there's a pic of me on this blog post! :-)

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background