My sweet little Madison started Kindergarten. It is full day Kindergarten here. I love that it is full day. ALL of my kids have energy to burn, and they just do so well. It is the third week of school, and Madison is already reading like crazy! I am just so impressed with this sweet young lady of mine! The first day of Kindergarten came, and I drove her to school. I went to park so I could walk her in to her class room. She wouldn't LET me. I had to drop her off at the door so she could go in on her own because "I KNOW HOW TO DO IT MYSELF". But that is Madison. She is the most independent person I have ever met. She really loves being a big kid, and going to school. She is also in dance again this year, taking Kindergarten Combo (tap and ballet). It is her 4th year of being in dance.
Bethanie is now in MIDDLE SCHOOL (5th and 6th grade is middle school here, and she is in 5th). She is doing amazingly well adjusting to a new school. She is a social butterfly. She is still very shy, but I think I can see her coming out of her shell better with the adults around her. This year she starts band. Her instrument of choice is the FLUTE. I am so excited because *I* played the flute from 5th - 12th grade! But, it doesn't stop there. She is in a group of middle school kids that are in a group that sings. It is The Singing Panthers. So awesome! She starts Volleyball this month and is taking not one, or two, but THREE dance classes this school year. She is in jazz, ballet and tap. She has an abundance of energy and for that, she gets lots of exercise to help her burn it off. At the end of the days, she is zonked.
Matthew is still being home schooled. He is not doing the Virtual School any more. I am not really sure where to go with him academically. As expected, hitting puberty has been a very difficult change for him. It has sort of set us all on our ear a bit. So, we will find the niche some where, and some how.
Same old same old with me. I guess there are some changes. I found out my thyroid quit working, so we are adjusting that. I cant believe the difference in how I feel. Also, we discovered I have high blood pressure. I am sure it is justifiably stress related. Jeff and I are in a "sandwich generation". In other words, we are taking care of our parents as well as raising our children. But we love that we can do it, and look forward to helping them more.
GOOD NEWS: Finally, my parents have sold their house in Delphos. They are buying one in Concordia, which is where we live. Finally, I will live in the same town as my parents for the first time in 21 years. I cant tell you how excited I am for that!
Jeff is still working as Risk Manager at the hospital he works for. His duties never seem to end, and I don't envy all that he has to do, but the best part is he LOVES every bit of it.
Sophie is getting fat. Laylee is a snob. Lady is a flirt.
I guess that sums it up pretty much. We will be doing some work getting my folks moved to town over the next month or so. I CANT WAIT!!!!!







1 comment:
bySounds like the girls are doing awesome in school and with all their other activies. Hopefully this will work out with Matthew as well. Love the post. Thanks for sharing! Love ya!
Post a Comment