A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Monday, February 11, 2013

LaZy BoNeS

I admit it.  I have been lazy about blogging.  I need to do much better than I have.  It has been about 5 months since I last wrote anything.  So many things have happened since September.  Things I would rather not remember.  From September to November, it was all a painful blur.  Sometimes in life, you have to do things you don't want to do, but you know in your head that you need to do it, even though your heart fights it tooth and nail.  We went on into the fall with new changes. 

Matthew started back at public school.  He is out of inclusion, which means he is in a school where he has one on one attention.  It is just what it is going to take.  I tanked emotionally and physically, and could not home school him any more.  It has been nice having him go to school every day.  He is learning, though not always liking it.  Matthew will be turning 14 in a week!  I can not believe my sweet baby boy is a TEENAGER.  He is now as tall as his dad.  Nearly as tall as I am.  He is pretty much easy to get along with.  At best, I would say he is my easiest child.  :)  I just love him so much, and even through the struggles he deals with, my love for him grows deeper by the moment!

Madison is LOVING being in Kindergarten.  She is getting so big.  I am so proud of her.  She turned 6 in December.  My sweet baby is growing up.  WAAAH!  Madison is becoming very self aware.  She isn't my bold young woman any more.  She is becoming very shy.  She is incredibly smart and I am astounded at the way she is reading and counting.  She counts by 2's and 10's and does fantastic with her site words.  She is very good at playing UNO.  :P  She loves to ride her bike, play with the neighbor girls.  She got her 2nd American Girl doll named Julie.  She was so excited when she opened her up on Christmas morning!  She wanted her so much for sooooo long! I just am amazed at this girl who started out in this world so big, is now so teeny for her age.  But she still has a strong personality, so don't rough her up too much!!!  lol!
My Bethanie, she is an amazing girl.  She is now in 5th grade.  Here it is considered Middle School.  For the next school year, they are closing Band.  She plays the flute just like her mama did!  I am very excited for this because we plan on doing some duets in the fairly near future.  She is still dancing.  She started out doing three dance classes:  Jazz, Tap and Ballet.  We had to drop the Tap because she also committed to doing Singing Panthers, which required her to stay after school two nights a week to practice.  Basically she was over extended.  She has really come a long way with her shyness.  She has a male teacher again this year, and he has a way with making the shy kids less shy.  I love that because she is THRIVING in school.  She is still very much a mommy's girl.  She misses me like crazy when she is gone from home.  And I miss her too, as I miss my other children.  She is a beautiful young lady.  I am so grateful for the children Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  I still cant believe that sometimes I look at them and cant believe they are ALL MINE!!!

Jeff has been busier than ever with work.  He is also serving as a counselor in the Branch Presidency.  It is a new presidency, and that equals a lot of work getting things working smoothly.  I am thankful for his calling and for his work, but we do miss him terribly. 

Oh, I didn't read my last post.  Did I mention my parents MOVED TO CONCORDIA???????  Yes, this happened in the Fall.  I am SO HAPPY for this.  I get to see them almost every day.  They just up and sold their house (fairly unexpectedly) in Delphos.  It happened so fast.  We can totally see the hand of God in this.  Who would really want to live in Delphos?  The town is dying.  Soon to be a ghost town.  They live over by the kids schools.  They are all in different buildings and will be for quite some time. 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It was SUPER nice that we didn't have to leave town on Christmas morning because mom and dad are in town now. 

I recently found out my thyroid has been messing with me.  I suspect this has been going on for 3 years or so.  I lost all that weight, and everything sort of fell apart when we pulled Matthew out of school, I graduated college and things changed.  We are now just sorting out what all happened.  Even my blood pressure is acting out. 

OK, so my next post will happen soon.  I wanted to sort of add all this as a "catch me up" post.  :P  This is me making an effort to do better. 

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background