I know, I know....its only a day after Thanksgiving, but how can I help it? I mean, its snowing, we did some Christmas shopping, and we saw Santa! We have had a really fun day. Downtown this evening was Santa at his Santa House. We froze our toes off waiting to get in to see him, but it was worth every minute of it. It took us a good hour of waiting, but the kids got to tell him what they wanted. Bethanie told him she wanted a kitty, and he took her on a long story about how he has to ask the parents first because he once gave a kitty to a little girl and it jumped out of the box and scared the family. LOL! Matthew said a mouthful to Santa in record speed and it was funny, Santa couldn't understand what he said because he said it so fast. Madison curled up backwards, head and legs because she wanted NO PART of this Santa business. LOL! What a fun evening. After we went to see Santa, there was a live Nativity (the baby doll used as Baby Jesus was one of Bethanie's baby dolls that someone asked if we would loan it to them). Then I took the girls on a surrey ride with two Clydesdale horses all while it snowed. It was beautiful! Then we came home, made a vague attempt at our tree, decided we were too tired and so it sits until tomorrow. LOL!
Heavenly Father sent me these three beautiful little spirits to tend to. I feel so blessed to be their mommy. Matthew is 13! Yes, I now have a TEENAGER!!! Bethanie is 10, and quite the social butterfly! Madison is 5 and really is an old soul. She thinks and ponders about things before acting. She is so loving and thoughtful, but then again, she is so much like her big sister, how can I be shocked by it! They are a trial on a good day, but no matter how hard life gets, looking into their faces melts my heart. I love them so very much! I am so grateful to have them in my life! They ARE my life!
1 comment:
Oh, we wish we could have been there for Santa, it looks like you guys had fun, we are excited to see you in a few days.
Post a Comment