A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, December 13, 2007

It has been a couple of days...


and we are STILL stuck in our driveway because of that tree. So, tomorrow is saw day. We are going to try to cut the top part of the tree, in effort to save it, and then maybe we can lift up on it to get the van out. We can always park it in the end of the driveway until this tree can be lifted up all the way. If that doesnt work, we are just going to cut it down. I really am sad if this is what will happen because it is such a neat tree, almost like bamboo. So it is now late Thursday, and it was Monday evening when the ice hit. There are still people without power around in the general area. We are fortunate we have electricity at all.


So, topping it all off, Bethanie had to stay home today, on their first day back to school because she has strep throat. It isn't bad enough, but because my van is blocked in the driveway, we had to walk to the clinic for her Dr. appointment. And because the roads are so slushy and icy, I had to carry Madison all the way. Its only like 4-5 blocks, but she is like 21 lbs. And I had to hold Bethie's hand so she didn't fall. It wasn't fun. But the good news is she can go to school tomorrow if her fever stays gone.


Day after tomorrow is supposed to be our trip to Kansas City, and I hear snow is in the forecast. I pray that this doesn't happen because there will be some really disappointed kids. But they still don't know we are planning on going there, they think everyone is coming here instead. So I guess that will help if they don't know that WE were going there, we can just tell them that they had too much snow there to come here. I don't know, sometimes it is hard to figure it all out. So there we have it!

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background