This weather is CRAZY. We have had quite a bit of ice, and our trees are laying down flat. It is amazing that ours is still standing at all. It sounds like my brother lost most of his trees and bushes because of the ice, and my parents' apple tree split in half! The kids were home today (and tomorrow), and Jeff managed to make it to work this morning, but I think it really got worse after he left. I am trapped at home because one of our trees is laying flat over our drive way and I cant get the van out! Oh well....what do we need anyway? We did lose some power for a couple of hours early this morning, and my parents were without it for about 6 hours, but theirs was finally restored, which I am glad for because I worried that they would get cold and hungry. Their house is totally electric. To keep the kids busy, we made holiday candy. We made my wonderful fantasy fudge, covered pretzels (they had a blast decorating them with various kinds of sprinkles), and I made some truffles. There is more that I plan to do, but I need some more supplies. So, here we sit, trapped at home, but at least it is warm and cozy, and the kids are getting along pretty well, considering there may be some cabin fever at some point!
This is down our driveway going toward the street where one of our trees is laying over our driveway. I am standing by the van, and there is no way out!
Look how thick the ice is on our tree branches! It is really pretty to look at but it is very scary to be near any trees because chunks of ice and branches are falling off right and left!
I just got a call from my in-laws backyard neighbors. It looks like they have a large tree branch down over one of their wires at their house (in-laws are out of town for the week), and I am stuck here!!! Joy of joys!







No comments:
Post a Comment