A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Monday, January 21, 2008

Nothing new...

except that is is verrry cold outside! Brrrr! What do you expect this time of year, I guess!

Miss Madison has decided that she is now throwing TWO YEAR OLD temper tantrums. I don't know what the deal is with her, but she has always been quite a drama queen, throwing her head back when she is mad, no matter what she may hit on the way down. Today she was mad because I wouldn't hold her while I ate breakfast, walked away and then proceeded to throw her head FORWARD nose first into the floor, giving herself a nose bleed. I really hope that taught her that she doesn't want to do that again because it almost killed me to watch her do that. Today she learned how to take the lid off of the crayola markers. Not a good thing, but it was really funny because she got green marker all over her hand. I showed it to her and it really bothered her that her hand was green. She tried to wipe it off, and when that didn't work, she went around shaking her hand as if it would fall off on its own. LOL! She is such a funny baby (unless she is throwing a head banging, nose bleeding tantrum!!!).

Bethanie had dance class this evening, and I just have to say, she is such a beautiful little dancer. I saw her costumes for her spring recital. They are so cool. One of the songs she is [tap]dancing to is "She's a Lady"and her costume is a lady bug. The other one is a ballet dance to "Twinkle Twinkle [little star] and she will be in a black leotard and a sky blue skirt. I didn't see the skirt but it will be quite elegant, I am sure. I just love to see her so happy, which she is especially during her dance classes, because it is something just for her, which she really deserves.

Matthew is doing well. We changed a medication for him on Friday, and I can see that so far it is really helping him to stay focused, happy and interested in things. I wish we didn't have to do meds for him but otherwise, I worry that he would be so UN focused that he would injure himself by his not paying attention! I cuddled with him tonight and he just had such a wonderful smile on his face, just a true happy little boy. It made my heart just MELT!

Jeff is so busy this week. He is working a ton of hours, he has a dental appointment and hour away on Wed. morning and class that evening (again, an hour away) and then he works Thursday and then he has three days off of work. Tomorrow (Tuesday) he is working one if his 16 hour shifts, which he needs to, but we all just really miss him when he is gone that long. It is getting easier though with Madison being more independent, and Matthew happier. Bethanie is always easy.

Oh, I was asked (so was Jeff) to give a talk at Church on Sunday. Maybe tomorrow I can get my thoughts together on it. I think I will talk about our Primary.




No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background