A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Wonderful Memory, Forever In My Mind-Heart...

Yesterday was March 22, 2008. For me, it was a very sacred day. My mom and dad, my husband and I, our niece Heather, and dear friend Binny drove to Omaha Nebraska. My parents have worked very hard over this past year at becoming worthy to enter into the Temple and they were there to take out their own Endowments, and to be sealed for Time and All Eternity. After they were sealed, Binny {who stood as proxy for my twin sister, Spring} and I were sealed to my parents. We are a forever family. I cant help but note that, this isn't a complete family yet. I still have my brother and his sweet family to work on, because we want to all be together forever. I pray within my heart that this happens, in my life time.
My parents really enjoyed the day. Mom just looked so beautiful---and happy while she was in the Temple with my dad. I never thought that I would see the day happen that they would be IN THE TEMPLE with me, and to see them sit together in the Celestial Room just etched forever in my mind-heart.

I just LOVE this picture. My dad especially just looks so aglow! They are both happy. I am so happy for them [and for me!!!].



This is me, my dad, my mom and my sweet husband Jeff. He {along with David Luckey, a man from our Branch} were witnesses of the sealing that took place.



This is a picture that was taken of my parents and the twins (Binny stood in place of my twin sister in the Temple). I feel so honored that she sacrificed so much out of her time with her family and all of her various responsibilities to go that far to be with us that entire day.

This one has our sweet niece, Heather. She was not able to go into the Temple to be a part of the sealing, but it was really nice to have her there with us on the trip!
I cant forget to note that in Omaha, Nebraska this day, it was MISERABLY COLD. We nearly froze our legs off getting these pictures done, especially Binny. It was much warmer back at home, and we even had some snow flurries.
I just feel that this weekend was a very sacred and special weekend. Not only is it the day before Easter, but to be sealed forever to my parents, and have it the same weekend that we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I cant imagine much more of a spiritual high! I feel so grateful for these blessings, and so grateful to my parents, and my Heavenly Father for helping them along this path, and to achieve such a big goal in their lives. I am so happy.




2 comments:

Cori Ann said...

I am moved to tears. That was such a beautiful post. I am soooooo incredibly happy for you and your sweet family. This just goes to show that miracles really do happen. Thank you for sharing! Sure do love ya. :)

Binny said...

Stormy, I am so glad that I got to be part of your family's special day. It really was such a neat experience.

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background