A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

busy busy...

Whew! Things have been SO BUSY around here! Jeff has been getting rid of bushes from the front of the house, and the yard looks SO DIFFERENT (but better). I have had to replant some of my garden but for the most part it is doing very well. I am so glad to be seeing all of these changes to our home. We have not had so much time to devote to our projects as we would have liked to, but now it is finally getting done like painting the inside, going through our basement and having a wonderful yard sale. We donated so much stuff. I sold most of my baby things, with a heavy heart. So, I am thrilled to get this stuff done. I have some painting outside of the house that needs to be done, like touching up the house paint, caulking places, and I will be working on that tomorrow or Friday.
I have started Homeschooling Bethanie for the summer. She just finished Kindergarten, and was not getting some of the concepts (mostly because she is so shy and not confident). So, yesterday I did a review with her and she remembered EVERYTHING. She also checked out a library book and read it to me ON HER OWN! So today I took her to the library again and we did her home school there and she read me four more books. At one point we really were considering retaining her in Kindergarten because of certain things, but she is showing me that she can do what I need her to do to feel like we can send her on to first grade. She will be going to summer school in July and we will have her tested again, but I know her Kindergarten teacher will be thrilled and surprised!

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background