A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Monday, July 14, 2008

Fresh Produce Season...

I LOVE this time of year! We have been getting fresh dozens of corn on the cob from some neighbors of my in-laws. Today I put up (in the freezer) 6 dozen ears of corn. But not totally by myself! My little girlers are way good at helping. Bethanie and Madison BOTH helped me shuck the corn (and Bethanie especially loved the ears with worms in them!!!). It was a hoot seeing them peel the corn. It actually DID help me too! So we were eating what else...corn for lunch. Bethanie LOVES corn on the cob (so do Matthew and Madison, though). But she hates having it stuck in her teeth. After we ate, she said, "Mommy, do we have any tooth pokers?" ROFLOL! I had to think for a brief second, Oh TOOTH PICKS! LOL! They say the cutest things! We did plant a garden this year. We have been getting some zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes. I did get 4 cucumber, but I no longer have that plant <<>> so, we are impatiently waiting for our regular tomatoes. We LOVE to peal the skins off, slice them and eat away. I really am wanting fresh tomatoes.
Matthew went to Journey today, stayed the entire day, LOVED it, even though he didn't even want to go this morning, but he made some little bird seed feeders with birdseed, peanut butter and pine cones. He was so thoughtful, he made one for Bethanie too. We hung them on the apple tree next to the deck so we can watch the birds eat them from the Breakfast Room table! They cant wait for breakfast, hopefully they will get to see some birds eating from them.
Even though we are really busy for this second week in a row, we are all happy. I am so glad for that.

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background