I can NOT believe my sweet little boy isn't so little anymore! He is almost ten years old! Where does time go? Isn't this picture so cute? It really shows his personality! I love those sweet cheeks!!!Matthew is now in 4th grade. This has so far been a very successful year for him. Next year he will be moving on to middle school, and I am sort of nervous about that...he will have several teachers and he will have to move from class room to class room. I am sure that he will do fine, but as a mom, I do worry!
Matthew has the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen. He has some pretty intense interests. Transformers and Nintendo DS (Pokemon) are some of the interests at this point. He lives and breathes them! Matthew is a very bright and gifted student. He is a very wonderful reader (around an 11th grade level of comprehension) and he has a photographic memory. Nothing gets by him. I have seriously thought about asking him to tutor me in some of my college courses (Just kidding, kinda). :O)
I am so grateful that Father in Heaven sent Matthew to us, because he has been such a delight, and he has taught us so much, and mostly about not taking life too seriously. He is a master communicator, and has so much to talk about! He joined our family in a non traditional way, and looking back, I can see the Lord's hand in each step of the way in getting him into our family. He is such a sweet and loving child. He is very sentimental about things and holds things that are dear to him very close to his heart. Matthew brings us such great joy, and just looking at this picture, I can see his playfulness. I am proud to be his mommy!







No comments:
Post a Comment