Is such little delight. This is the funnest age so far for her. Everything with daddy today was "Eww, Stinky". Poor daddy had to go take a shower because she gave him a complex...but it didn't matter. Even after he showered, she said his deodorant was stinky, his house slippers were stinky, everything. :O) She is so funny. Stinky is her new "No". That is all she ever says is "No", but now it is stinky. Her language has boomed the last couple of weeks. She has such a hilarious personality. I know that she is quite the thinker. She lost a couple of those little bouncy balls (the gumball ones) under the TV stand and she thought and thought of how to get them out while I was visiting with a friend, and she stood there and thought until finally she realized (like Curious George) that she could get a tool to help her, so she went to the silverware drawer and grabbed a huge meat fork and took it to the TV and tried to get them out. What a problem solver! She is such a thinker. She is doing well with her potty training. Some days she has no interest. She totally freaked out when she poopied in her big girl under ware and I dumped it in her potty seat. I had to show her that it was OK for that to go in there. She hated it at first, but was OK with it after that. Timing is the biggest issue. I am pretty busy, and I don't always ask her in time, but she has been known to go in on her own and do it.
In other kids news...Bethie-Beth is quite the little reader. She LOVES to read! I am so proud of her because she has really come a long way with her reading skills in just 9 weeks. She is more confident, but she is still struggling to her some of the sounds. We are wondering if it is a development issue or even a hearing issue, so we may be taking her to an ENT to find out for sure. She is a girl that is all about clothes, friends and fun. She is so much like me at this age. Tonight we skipped dance class because we were just too tired to go.
In the OTHER kids news, Mr. Matthew isn't up to very much. He is really looking forward to Christmas (who isn't!!!). So not too much going on with him. I wish I could say that he has an exciting life, but he doesn't. :)
Me and Jeff, you ask? We are so busy we don't know if we are coming or going. Tomorrow night is the Induction Ceremony for Phi Theta Kappa. I am nervous and excited. I did get my research paper finished, though I am just tweaking it now. That is a huge pressure off my back. I teach my last time on Friday. I am teaching the story of Thanksgiving with tons of visual aides. My Intro to Education instructor LOVED my Practicum notebook (I made it into a presentation format, I bound it, made a cover and even reflected on my experience at the end, which was not at all necessary). She liked it so much she wants to use it next semester for a sample for her next class (this is her first year teaching college students. Last year she retired from teaching for 25 years at the Elementary school system as a coach. Anyway, I am such a nerd and an over achiever. Jeff starts his next class tonight. I think it is a 5 week class. I will be so happy to see him graduate from this. :)
I didn't get to go to Weight Watchers tonight. I had no one to tend to the children. Oh well, maybe next week I will see a greater loss. :)
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment