A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year...

I am not really sure if it is a good omen or not! I started off, on New Years Eve morning upon waking up, hearing this whooshing noise in my ears when I rolled over, then I realized my head was killing me. Yep, I woke up with a spinal fluid pressure headache (IHC (Intercranial hypertension)or Pseudo Tumor Cerebri). Pretty much it is a false brain tumor that I have lived with for about 4 years. It is simply that my body has 3 times the amount of spinal fluid than I should, and it creates monster headaches. The last bad one I had was when I was newly pregnant with Madison, so almost 3 years ago. Normally I can tell when one is starting because my nose will go numb, or my ears will ring, I will see sparkles or hear the whooshing in my ears. Sometimes I will have numbness in my hands or feet or both, maybe my knees will disappear at times. This one has hit with a vengeance. If you have suffered from migraine headaches, you have a glimmer of how painful these pressure headaches are. I am miserable. So, that is how my year ended and started.

Matthew is sick again for the second time in just over a week, throwing up. Poor thing! Tomorrow (Friday) we are taking down all of our Christmas decorations. The temporary Sister Missionaries are coming over to help. I think they are bored and they have no car this week. Anyway, I will post again when I feel better. At this point, any activity is making me want to be unconscious. :O) HAPPY NEW YEAR THOUGH! LOVE YA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that really sucks! I hope you are feeling better today. Kyle woke up with a migraine yesterday, he had it most the day. I woke up with one today and am not feeling too well! Oh well at least I not have to work! 2 days left til I go back!

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background