A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Saturday, October 31, 2009

HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!

It is so hard to believe that Halloween has come and GONE already! We had a great celebration this year. Earlier in the day we went to my parents house and trick or treated them! It was nice to see them and the kids had fun.
Bethanie and Madison went as Dorothy from Wizard of OZ. They were so cute in their dresses and ruby red slippers! Bethanie was sort of in a toot because no one (kids) at school knew who Dorothy was! AS IF!!! We live in Kansas, shouldn't it be a requirement to know who Dorothy is???
Any way, Matthew went as Megatron, a Transformer Decepitcon. He looked awesome in his costume! I don't think he is ever going to out grow Halloween!
One of the houses we went to was a Mansion here in town. They always go over the top with their stuff. It was our first time going up there and one of the guys came out of their house and scared the crap out of Matthew and Bethanie. It was so funny. I was kind of worried because I didn't know how Matthew would do with it, but after he finally caught his breath, he was more curious than anything. So we proceeded into their house and it was really decorated so awesome, and another man in costume came out. By this time, all Madison could say was, "I wanna go out!!!". So I took her out, poor thing! But she didn't cry or anything, she just felt the difference in atmosphere and didn't like it. I was very proud of her!
So after we trick or treated for a while longer, we came home. We hadn't been home for very long. We were going through the kids' candy when a knock came at our door. I was all, "who is trick or treating us"? Our lights are mostly out and no porch light was on. So Matthew runs and opens the door (the stinker!!!) and he tells the kids on the step that we didn't have any candy to give out (as if!!!) and Jeff took Matthew's bucket with him to hand out to them because we didn't want to be rude. Matthew was like, "Are you giving out MY candy"? Well, the two at the door tried to take off with his bucket of candy! I couldn't believe it! Then they started to come into our house! FREAKY!!!
Well, to make a long story longer:
I was so confused as to who in the world these people were when one of them laughed. I knew then who it was......
It was WHITES! Jeff's parents came and pranked us! Totally unexpected and out of character. It was so hilarious! They were wearing wigs and scarves and night robes and hats. What a hoot! We totally needed a good laugh!
That made our day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I didn't even buy candy......BUT I love dressing up!!! Glad you had fun....

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background