Did you know that on February 18, 1999, a new Sun
joined our galaxy? It is true! A new Sun to light up the lives that surround it! I remember exactly where I was that day, and how I felt. I was at a friends house (she lived a couple houses away) and she was throwing a baby shower for her sister who had just delivered a new little baby boy. There were so many people there! The baby was so cute! He was being passed around to everyone. I finally had the chance to hold him. I wanted to so badly. I knew that if I did, I would feel happier. Silly, just holding a baby could make me so happy! I finally held him in my arms and felt his warmth when someone whisked him away from me. I quietly excused myself from the party (trying to hide my heart ache) and departed on my walk home (two houses down). But along the way, I
remember saying a prayer to my Father in Heaven. It was really more like pouring my heart out to Him. We had been married 7 years at this point, with no hope for a child of our own....Why did we have to continue waiting? What have we done wrong?
Two weeks later, my prayers were answered..... The night of the baby shower was the exact time my sweet son was born. I
didn't know it yet. It would be two weeks before we would get the call saying we had been selected to be the parents to this sweet child! Needless to say, we were
ecstatic! Our prayers were finally answered. It would be a couple weeks before we could bring him home, and with a flurry of paperwork, and emotions, that day finally came. We saw him first, then had to go to court to get custody of him
because it was out of state. But finally, even through some adversity, we brought his sweet little boy home. He IS a Sun. He has lit up my life like I can not explain! He has taught me so much about life, myself, and others like I never dreamed anyone ever could. I am so glad to be his mom. I cant believe how blessed we are to have Matthew Reese as our son. He is a living dream, and I thank the Lord every single day for him. I know that he (and my girls) are in a home where they are safe, loved, respected and that they each were meant to come here. Happy Birthday, Matthew! I cant believe it has been 11 years! I love you so much!
First food at 4 months, barf and all!

These two pictures are when Matthew was 7 months old. We took him to Salt Lake City to the Temple and had him sealed to us. Poor kid was so sick on this trip. He had double ear infections and we had to cut the trip short.


Here he is at 2 years old! Look at that smile!

Here he is around 8 years old, showing his humorous side! We were at the school carnival!

This was his school picture from last year. He is ten years old here.
I love you, my sweet boy!
1 comment:
Wow Stormy! What a ride! Great blog post. :)
Post a Comment