7 years ago
Our Life With Asperger's
Saturday, August 14, 2010
AnSwErS..
I finally have SOME answers as to what is up with my mood lately. Apparently, I am just inches away from being diabetic. Some how, since my weight loss plateaued, my metabolism slowed down, my body decided to produce more insulin than it can keep up with and I am very insulin resistant. I don't know to what degree just yet, but that would really explain why the weight gain again, the tired feeling all the time, and overall feeling of UN well-being. Even though my A1C is a 5, which is really pretty good, my fasting blood sugar was 111. 115 is the cutoff to be considered type two diabetic. I am very close. :O( I knew this was coming, because I have had two pregnancies, and with both, I had gestational diabetes. The second pregnancy, I was on quite a bit of insulin. I was also diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. It is a diagnosis of dealing with chronic stress. Pretty much, but body is shutting down, and is exhausted, along with my mind. My sleeping problems are complicating it, but with the stress in my life, my brain hardly ever shuts down. Anyway. There are some answers....now to fixing it all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)
Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.
Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions
My Peeps!







1 comment:
Good luck girlfriend. I'm grateful that you have answers! what a blessing!
Post a Comment