A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Thursday, August 12, 2010

DeVeLoPiNg OuR TaLeNtS...



School Is ON!




Before listening to the video, pause the music at the bottom of blog!

As part of Matthew's new school curriculum, because he is in gifted class, he gets to choose TWO electives. He is in 6th grade this year. So we chose to do foreign language and art. Those wont begin until October-ish. We have to settle in on his courses to begin with. We are really excited he gets to do TWO electives. His schedule this year will be rather intense. I just hope *I* have it in me to do him justice. Here is how is schedule looks: (He chooses the order pretty much, unless it is scheduled with outside help)



Language Arts


Literature


US History


Earth Science


Earth Science Lab


Math


Social Skills :


(he goes with an attendant care worker into the community to work on social skills, not part of a school regimen, but one I wanted to add)


Piano:


(We have a Sr. Missionary couple in our Branch. Sister Thacker is working with Matthew and I on piano lessons. The video above is of Matthew, today, on his second piano lesson practice).


Art


Foreign Language (He is hoping for Spanish).



I know this will be good for him (and for me). I know this will strengthen OUR relationship with one another, and help us learn how to communicate effectively with one another, which is something we struggle with daily.

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background