A Day In The Life Of LADYSAM

Sunday, January 23, 2011

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

Terry (mom), Stormy, Sunny, Ron (dad)

Happy 40th Anniversary, mom and dad!!













I skipped Christmas. I know....its not like me. Seriously, things have been rather difficult since then, and I have not had a great deal of time on my hands to do a lot of blogging. In all honestly, in our family, holiday time is toxic for Matthew, and from Halloween through Valentines Day (because it is also his birthday time) it is truly hell on wheels with him. It is one constant party and upheaval and he cant handle all of the social situations that the winter holidays tend to bring.

So, nothing special happened at Christmas time that was anything different than usual. But something fun did happen this past week. My parents just celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary on Friday, so we threw them a little party today with some friends and Jeff's parents. It was an awesome time.

For the cake, I made a three layer white cake. I tried to make frosting in a ruby color but was not very successful at it. So at first it was just a plain cake. I was at my wits end so I thought it was just going to be a plain cake. Then this morning just before the party, I thought, HEY, I have some Christmas ribbon that is ruby and gold in color so I wrapped it around the cake and it was PERFECT. We found a wedding cake top and had a custom made emblem put on it with their names. How fun to have it so personalized for them! It was way more than I had hoped for. I am not a great cake decorator, but it turned out way prettier than I thought in my head that it would. LOL! We had a simple lunch before the cake. We had homemade burritos, tossed salad and a huge bowl of fresh fruit. Visiting with our dear friends and family was the best. I think my parents had a great time. My brother and his family were here as well. What a perfect day!

No comments:

Josh Littman Interviews His Mother-A Boy With Asperger's Syndrome (turn off music below)

Q&A from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

Jeff & Stormy-Eternal Companions

My Peeps!


background