While I hate seeing summer come to an end, simply because I miss the girlie's terribly when they are away, I am looking forward to structure. Summer is such a hard time for me. Much of the time I am tied to the house because Matthew has a hard time leaving the house. Its his safe place. But in keeping fairness and balance, I want to give the kids an opportunity to have fun, go out and do things together, and as a family. Matthew is rejecting every opportunity we give him, and its usually quite the ruckus. He has hit puberty so some of it is normal behavior but other behaviors are alarming in the fact that he only wants to be at home.Taking him to church has been a huge issue. I know its normal for some kids when they hit teenage years don't like to do, but this is a different situation. It is a fight and argument constantly while at church. It is so exhausting. We need help, and support. But we are left to deal with it all alone, which is so hard. I wish people would just HELP us. We have one week to go before the girls are in school. I am praying for some relief to get some rest and get caught up on the things I have wanted to do. I hate to complain, but I am really just burning out. Summer time is so hard. I love having the children home, but usually there are anywhere from 5-11 kids here at any given time. I am just really burned out.
In the mean time, we are working on the North Central Kansas Autism Foundation. We had a fairly substantial donation the other day. I pray for more generous people like this. Its exciting to see even a bit of money come in so we can get some of the basics. Next month is our first OUTING. Fall Fest. :)
7 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment